Jamie from Delistar recipes.
This can be used as a curry paste, or as a rub for meats and fish.
· 1 red chilli
· 2 cloves garlic
· Piece peeled fresh ginger
· Handful coriander leaves
· Juice of a lime
· Stalk of lemon grass (optional)
· Tablespoon oil
· Tablespoon Soy sauce
Use mortar / pestle or food processor/ wand blender etc. to mix up to a paste.
Choose your flavouring with this easy desert soufflé.
· Make up a cup of Edmonds custard following instructions on packet
· Add your flavour to the custard, a cup of grated chocolate, a cup of frozen berries, a couple of mashed bananas etc.
· Whisk 3 egg whites to meringue stage, must be a really clean bowl. After 2 mins whisking, add a pinch of salt
· Add 5 tablespoons flour and mix
· Fold into custard mix
· Put into greased soufflé moulds or coffee cups, fill to top
· Place in water bath and into oven at 180 C for 10-15 mins
· 200g boiled spuds, well drained, then mashed
· Add egg yolk and well season with salt
· Add Handful flour and handful parmesan
· Roll into a dough and form into balls
· Boil in salty water until gnocchi balls float
Add to your favourite pasta sauce.
Ginger Crunch Slice
· In a pot melt 180g butter + 2 Tablespoons golden syrup
· Add 2 teaspoons baking soda. Mixture will foam, stir together. Take off heat.
· Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup cornflakes, 1 cup raw/ brown sugar, 1 cup roller oats or muesli
· Mix well and push into baking tray
· Bake 130 C for 30 mins
· Tablespoon golden syrup
· Tablespoon butter
· 1 cup icing sugar
· 1 teaspoon ground ginger
· Add boiling water to above ingredients to mix into an icing. Apply to your slice.